internetworkers - [internetworkers] Laptop Recommendations: DVD Burner?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Colleen McCarthy" <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Laptop Recommendations: DVD Burner?
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:13:04 -0500

Hi Folks,

I'm going to get the Presario at Office Depot (I do have concerns about
durability, however, and wish I could justify a Latitude...), and just have
one final decision to make: Do I want a DVD burner? I don't know. I don't
have one on my desktop, but would I use one? Do many of you have one and
use it?

In case anyone else is interested in the deal that Office Depot has (today
is the last day), here's the breakdown of what you get for $400 and the cost
of the upgrades that I'm getting:

Base PC: Compaq Presario R3000Z with an AMD Athlon XP-M Processor 2400+ for
$399 (after rebates).
Memory: 256 MB DOR
Hard Drive: 40 GB
CD/DVD: 8X DVD-ROM drive
Screen: 15" XGA screen,
Graphics Card: 32 MB Nvidia GeForce 4 420 Go

Upgrades and Shipping:
Shipping $45
Wireless $30
Upgrade to CD/DVD burner $100, dual side DVD burner $120
Upgraded Graphics card to 64 MB $25

Thanks!

Colleen

Colleen McCarthy, BSMT, BSEE, MBA, PMP