internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Laptop Recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Colleen McCarthy" <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Laptop Recommendations
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 19:19:44 -0500

Thanks much to everyone who responded! I priced out what I think I want on
the Dell site for a comparison and included in below. I'm going to check
eBay now and see what's out there. (eBay is where I got my Dell desktop. I
got exactly what I wanted-- probably some good luck involved in that)

Latitude D505 $887

Catalog Number / Description Product Code SKU Id

Latitude D505:
IntelR CeleronR M Processor 340 (1.50GHz) w/ 14.1 XGA Display D5C54X
[221-6660] 1

Operating System:
MicrosoftR WindowsR XP Home Edition, SP2, with media XPHSP2 [420-4802]
11

Memory:
128MB,Shared,DDR,SDRAM,1 DIMM 128M1D [311-3276] 3

CD ROM/DVD ROM:
8-24-24-24X SWDVD/CDRW Combo Drive 24CMBO [341-0135] 16

Hard Drive:
40GB Hard Drive 9.5MM 40D [340-9548] 8

Wireless Local Area Networking Options:
IntelR PRO/Wireless 2100 WLAN (802.11b, 11Mbps), miniPCI Card IPW21
[430-0736] 19

Productivity Software:
Dell Latitude Notebook NOMSBE [461-8702] 22

Resource CD:
Resource CD RCD [306-0006] 26

Primary Battery:
6 Cell Primary Battery 6C [310-4495] 27

Floppy Drive:
No Floppy Drive Option NFD [340-9630] 10

Modem:
Internal 56K Modem I56 [312-0187] 14

AC Adapters:
65W A/C Adapter 65AC [320-1977] 15

Hardware Support Service:
1Year Basic Mail In Plan T111YRR [950-8500][950-9057] 29

Colleen McCarthy, BSMT, BSEE, MBA, PMP
(h) 460-0641