internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Laptop Recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "A Sprouse" <asprouse AT pickett-sprouse.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Laptop Recommendations
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:33:26 -0500

Colleen:

One of our users has a Dell Latitude D505 (1.5 Ghz, 512 MB). Purchased
August 2004. So far she's been quite pleased w/ the reliability and
performance of her system.

I agree w/ the others on the list. I believe within a matter of days you
would regret having only 128 MB of RAM. For less than an additional $200
(see upgrades below), you could greatly improve the system's overall
performance and increase the lifespan of your D505.

Also, I suggest contacting a Dell Sales Rep directly as sometimes they will
"sweeten" the online quote a bit. Recently I've dealt with Beck, a Small
Business Rep, at extension x38825.

Latitude D505 $1,047

Catalog Number / Description Product Code SKU Id

Latitude D505:
IntelR PentiumR M Processor 725 (1.60GHz) w/ 14.1 XGA Display D5P164
[221-6212] 1

Operating System:
MicrosoftR WindowsR XP Professional, SP2, with media XPPRO2 [420-4790]
11

Memory:
512MB,Shared,DDR SDRAM,2 DIMMs 512M2D [311-3256] 3