internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Laptop Recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT mac.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Lyman Green <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Laptop Recommendations
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:25:03 -0500

Just to clarify...

Lenovo has been making thinkpads for some time now under contract for IBM. Its nothing to be scared of. They not only bought the name, but the entire thinkpad operations from IBM, from facilities to the employees (that sounds bad, "they bought the employees", but you know what I mean). And IBM wouldn't have sold them the name if they thought quality was going to suffer and make them look bad.

If I wasn't a self-admitted Apple whore, I'd be eying a thinkpad.

~ian

--
| Ian Meyer - http://frijole.info |