internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] fury over WTC ads

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] fury over WTC ads
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:56:05 -0500

Parker, David X wrote:
> > One more question:
> >
> > If Kerry were to use imagery from the Vietnam war and speak about dying
> > soldiers in an ad for his presidential campaign, would that be offensive
> > as
> > well?
> >

> Will everybody please stop asking ridiculous rhetorical questions? Yes,
> putting "Remember Pearl Harbor" on a Roosevelt election button was
> egregious. Yes, if Kerry used imagery from the Vietnam War it would be
> offensive. And yes, Bush using images of 9/11 is offensive. That was the
> original point, right? Remember that the fury over the imagery is coming
> from people who lost friends and loved ones on that day and see Bush's
> current ads as a cynical political ploy.

So let me ask where are all the complaints and outrage (and posts to this
list) about the disabled and even disfigured veterans Kerry brings up on
stage with him at campaign stops? Where are the complaints about the
commercials he's run with Vietnam veterans saying that Kerry brought them
home safe?