internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] DSL from BellSouth

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] DSL from BellSouth
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:08:01 -0500 (EST)

forewarning:

I have what I believe is BS's cheapest phone service (I also added the
$5/mo. in-home repair service because I live in an old building) and I
have their "light" version of DSL. I pay about $80/mo.

BS will GOUGE you the first month or first few months, depending on your
payment plan. The customer service reps and the initial fine print will
conveniently not inform you that you have to pay a setup fee for BOTH the
phone service and the DSL -- that's about $100 right there -- and you also
have to purchase the modem -- another $100. I just about had a stroke
when my first bill arrived at something like $280!!

-Alan