internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] DSL from BellSouth

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Edward Wesolowski <edwes AT idisplay.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] DSL from BellSouth
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 16:28:19 -0500

Has anyone on the list had experience with VOIP telephone?
I want to call TW to see if it's available in Chapel Hill, but haven't done that yet, and thought I'd ask INW'ers.

I've got Earthlink cable over TW lines. I looked into BS DSL/FastAccess as an alternative, but it didn't work when I tried installing it myself, and since I didn't want to make a career out of making the phone company's DSL work ;-) and since the cable modem was working, I took the ifitaintbrokedon'tfixit attitude and continue to pay these high monthly rates (...about $41). So I'm looking for another area to cut back and am wondering if the business phone is a good one, and if VOIP is an alternative for that.

....anyone had any experience with this?
Ed Wesolowski