internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Re: SPAM the SPAMMERS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Re: SPAM the SPAMMERS
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 02:15:39 -0500

on Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 08:59:06PM -0500, Michael D. Thomas wrote:
> > You should read "Challenge-Response Anti-Spam Systems Considered
> Harmful"
> > (http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Rants/challenge-response.html ). The
> > author identifies 12 reasons why CR systems are fundamentally broken
> > and why they shouldn't be used.
> >
> > This is actually quite timely because I posted something to another
> > mailing list I'm on this morning and got 2 challenges from one guy
> > for my one post.
>
> Just for fun, differentiate his emails from Spam. They are definitely
> bulk,

No, they're not. They're a single response to a single message, maybe
repeated twice, but that's hardly "bulk".

Come on, we have a hard enough time trying to fight the real spammers,
folks listed on ROSKO, without such silly confusions of the issue.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier