internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Re: SPAM the SPAMMERS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Re: SPAM the SPAMMERS
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:59:06 -0500

> You should read "Challenge-Response Anti-Spam Systems Considered
Harmful"
> (http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Rants/challenge-response.html ). The
> author identifies 12 reasons why CR systems are fundamentally broken
> and why they shouldn't be used.
>
> This is actually quite timely because I posted something to another
> mailing list I'm on this morning and got 2 challenges from one guy
> for my one post.

Just for fun, differentiate his emails from Spam. They are definitely
bulk, they are definitely annoying. They may not be commercial, but if
you ask him to stop sending them to you and he doesn't, he's on thin ice
-- maybe even punishable by the latest proposed statute. (Don't know the
last part for certain. Probably not the case. Fun to consider, though.)