internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] PART 2: history lesson

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Maria Winslow <maria.winslow AT windows-linux.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] PART 2: history lesson
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:04:06 -0400

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 09:43 am, Sil Greene wrote:

> Most people my age would remember the Challenger explosion but maybe not
> Libya, Beirut, and all the other Middle Eastern fun during the early 80's.
> Who remembers the Yom Kippur War? The assassination of Anwar Saddat?

I especially remember the Iranian hostage crisis. I was in junior high, and
my
friend and I convinced the health teacher (also the track coach) that her
brother was one of the hostages. [I also convinced him that I had a special
kind of bladder infection that required me to leave class to go to the
bathroom for about 20 minutes every day at exactly 11:15, so you see it was
an easy sell.]

Anyway, the lesson is that if, as a child, you can incorporate world events
into your schoolkid pranks, you are more likely to remember them.

Maria