internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] PART 2: history lesson

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] PART 2: history lesson
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:43:17 -0400 (EDT)

.:Along similar notes, what will the next generation remember of the armed
.:conflicts the US was involved in during the last 20 years? I have a few
.:undergrads working for me, who were born in the early 1980s. I asked one

Tell them we didn't start the fire, it was always burning since the
world's been turning. Tho we didn't ignite it, we're tryin' to fight it.

.:of them a few months ago what he knows about a bunch of events such as
.:the US military actions against Grenada, Libya and Panama in the 1980s,

I remember hearing of those, but

.:as well as other random world events such as the murder of the Israeli
.:team at the 1972 Olympics

*THAT* doesn't ring any bells, and it sounds like it *really* *really*
*should*.

Most people my age would remember the Challenger explosion but maybe not
Libya, Beirut, and all the other Middle Eastern fun during the early 80's.
Who remembers the Yom Kippur War? The assassination of Anwar Saddat?

Surely no one has forgotten the hijacking of Pan Am Flight-whatever ...
you know, the one they made that tv-movie of?

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)