internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Windows Firewall

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Windows Firewall
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:41:22 -0400

On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 01:35 PM, Carol Thomson wrote:

So if one made the switch, what is the free email client of choice under OS X? Is there one included with OS X? Does Safari bundle an email client?

On OSX you've got the "Mail" program which is a separate program from Safari, the web browser. I'm not sure why an email program and a browser would need to be bundled, but they both run at the same time :-)

I switched to using Apple Mail from KMail and Mozilla Mail about a year ago and am very happy with it. The built-in adaptive latent semantic analysis spam filter works great, and the rest of the features as sophisticated enough for me to keep my personal and business email separate most of the time.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/jaguar/mail.html

On Poetry: People could like daffodils if they wanted to, but should not be allowed
to take up more than a page to say so. -- Pratchett
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC