internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Windows Firewall

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT spamcop.net>
  • To: craigduncan AT contentdb.net, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Windows Firewall
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:25:39 -0400

On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 11:22 AM, Craig Duncan wrote:

With the recent spate of virus attacks, my parents are afraid to turn on
their PC, let alone connect to the internet, thus defeating the purpose
for which they purchased it. They use via dial-up modem to connect to
the internet.
Does anyone have any recommendations for firewall products compatible
with Windows XP(Home Edition or other) and is there something better
than Norton anti-virus. I would also be curious to know if there are
any hardware firewalls that use dial-up for home use that they could
use.

ZoneAlarm gets high praise from everyone I know that uses it.

Better yet though is a Linksys firewall, then zonealarm on the machine.