internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Windows Firewall

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Windows Firewall
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:46:35 -0400 (EDT)

> At 09:44 PM 8/27/03 -0400, you wrote:
> >I second the suggestion about getting them a Mac, but I'm realitic in that
> >understand your parents probably don't want to buy another computer and
> >probably don't want to have to deal with software incompatibilities and
> >such.

I third the Mac suggestion. If you first do a software audit to determine
wether there will be any problems. My support calls from my Mom went way
down when we got her an iMac. As you probably know you are your family's
support staff. And now I can say my Mom uses Unix. Just my $.02...

--
Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com