internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] the history books

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] the history books
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 21:01:03 -0400

On Saturday 26 April 2003 11:1423pm, Michael Winslow Czeiszperger wrote:
> I really need to get the domain "firstinflightsucks.com" or something
> similar, as I can't believe the citizens of NC have the gall to
> believe NC has anything but a tiny claim of involvement with the
> Wright Brothers, who never were citizens of the state.

Ahmmm...

I came to this state for a few reasons, not in this order:

- RPT
- Red Hat
- Climate
- Southern Hospitality
- UNC - Chapel Hill ILS program
- Wright Bros. "first in flight" site.

Whatever you say. Wilbur and Orville did actualy assembled and flew from
a location in North Carolina. Not from Ohio, not from New York, not
from Berlin, not from Calcuta.

Werner von Braün studied and did early tests of recket science (yes,
this is rocket science!) at Germany. Nevertheless, his first bird to
reach The Space and The Moon, took place in the Good Ole US of A.

Isaac Asimoc was born in Russia. Nevertheless, he is regarded as a great
American Science-fiction writer.

And on and on and on...

So my point is, yes, Ohio had a "great part" seeing the Wright brothers
grow up, stablish a bicycle sho and be the house of their dreams.

The dream came true in North Carolina.

Going back to an "on topic" theme... will we have an Internetworker's
First In Flight Party? I can bring my "flight jacket"...

Salut,
Josep "Check Six!" Lluís
--
Josep Lluis Guallar-Esteve http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/
Linux System and Network Administration http://www.easternrad.com
>From jlguallar AT maduixa.net Sun Apr 27 21:01:46 2003
by lakemtao01.cox.netESMTP

<20030428010146.BTTK8337.lakemtao01.cox.net AT ip68-101-8-79.nc.hr.cox.net>
for <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>;
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 21:01:46 -0400