internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] the history books

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Calvin Powers <calvin AT cspowers.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] the history books
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 06:14:46 -0400

At 4/27/2003 11:50 PM, you wrote:
It's so good to see people worked up about a topic like this.

Michael, I think your point is technically accurate but none-the-less moot.
As they say in real estate, it's location, location, location. Location of
the event is the critical factor.

I was thinking some more along these lines last night. And I agree with the above statement. But what _really_ seals North Carolina's claim to fame is the fact that the event there was _recorded_. The picture everyone has in their mind about the first heavier than air, controlled flight is the flight that happened in Kitty Hawk North, Carolina because it was recorded and published.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong. I'm just saying it's an example of the power of media.

Calvin Powers current events
mailto:calvin AT cspowers.com cultural phenomena
http://www.cspowers.com/ true stories
"The revolution will not be televised." http://www.StuckInTraffic.com/