internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] the history books

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: machett AT ibiblio.org
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] the history books
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 15:35:51 -0400

I suppose I should've added that I don't mean to disparage those scientists
and inventors to whom the history books do give credit. But credit should be
given where credit is due. The impression I got from my history classes and
the media was that [insert name(s) here] was solely responsible for [insert
action or discovery here]. There was never any mention of previous attempts
by anyone or previous research or discoveries by anyone. Like blammo! one
day Watson and Crick just happened to discover the molecular form of DNA.

Watson and Crick belong in the history books. The Wrights belong in the
history books. But others belong there as well; I want the whole story, not
just most of it.

-Alan