internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] First in flight?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] First in flight?
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 19:46:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, Michael D. Thomas wrote:
->Unfortunately, emblazing the catchphrase on all of the state license plates
is
->a bit presumptuous and borders on fraudulent. At the very least, it
indicates

Well it shouldn't say first in flight, after all, that distinction must
have belonged to some gnat or microscopic bug somewhere else...

->I don't think we can expect a great one, like D.C.'s "Taxation Without
->Representation" or New Hampshire's "Live Free Or Die." I would just like one

DC doesn't have that phrase on their licence plates any longer.

->that is mostly truthful, incontestable and singular, instead of a motto only
->technically truthful and demeaning to the achievements of a fellow state.

Our motto is Esse Quam Videre. Let's put that on there!

Cheers
KJ