internetworkers - [internetworkers] Music, Movies, Jobs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Colleen McCarthy" <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Music, Movies, Jobs
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:24:39 -0500

Hi Folks,

Bill Geschwind asked me about house concerts, and I though that some of the
rest of you might be interested, too. Here are URLs for four
venues/organizations. The sites can explain house concerts better than I
can, so I'll let them do it :). If you've never been to one, you need to
go. You'll never hear music in a more intimate setting. They are great!

Tim Kimrey, Afternoon Nap Series, Chapel Hill http://www.afternoonnap.org/
Bett Padgett, Little Lake House, Raleigh
http://bettpadgett.com/House%20Concerts.htm
Steve Gardner and Kurt Hickey, Sun Valley Ranch, Durham (new home of Pine
Hill Farm) http://www.topsoil.net/
Lex Larson, Forty Acres, Durham...actually, RTP is probably more accurate
http://www.fortyacres.org/

NCSU has a great series of movies this spring, with the best films being
free! http://www.ncsu.edu/cinema/

I know that some of you are unemployed, or worried about becoming so. The
TriangleNetworkingGroup is an organization of (mostly) techies and
recruiters who share job postings, job leads, info about hiring companies,
and who they know at those companies who might be in a position to help. If
you are interested in employment opportunities at all, it can't hurt to
join... http://www.trianglenetworkinggroup.com/

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Colleen

Colleen McCarthy, MT(ASCP), BSEE, MBA, PMP
LIS Administrator
Laboratory Information Services
UNC Hospitals/McLendon Clinical Labs
1106 East Wing