internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Movie Nights, State vs Duke

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Movie Nights, State vs Duke
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 15:05:35 -0500

Well now that you mention it, I quit going out to see bands for the same reason. I just can't get up at 6am to go to work after a late night outing like I could when I was in my 30s.
I once enjoyed all kinds of bands at the Frog, Deja Vu, Edwards Grocery, the Brewery, and other places, but the bands started to get later and later. Plus, after the age of 50 it just didn't seem the same. The smoke and noise also started to bother me a lot.
Live music is great and I enjoy it immensely, but it just didn't seem like it was worth it anymore. It would be great if there were places that you could go where the band would finish up about the time that most of them start now.
Yes, I am now an old fogey.

Michael Winslow Czeiszperger wrote:
What time did they start playing? We were thinking of going, but decided against it because most cradle shows seem to start about the time I want them to end. You'd be tempted to say I'm just getting old, but I've been going to clubs to see bands for over twenty years and the Cradle is the only one where the band doesn't start until midnight.