internetworkers - Re: collapse

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: collapse
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 23:24:38 -0400

This is a very sticky situation to enter. If it turns out that Osama bin
Laden is the person we want to prosecute, whose laws do we use? If he did do
it, did he break any laws of the country he is in (I don't know the answer
to this)? Do you consider him a member of our society? Does he consider
himself to be part of our society? Or, do you consider the entire world to
be one great big society. If so, how did our laws become the defacto
standard?

David