internetworkers - Re: collapse

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Robert Weeks <robert AT designhammer.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: collapse
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 08:55:30 -0400

I'm not going to debate this last email point by point, but I do think you
may be misguided in your reasoning. I think that two articles in today's NY
Times will show that the enemy is not poor and downtrodden as you would like
to believe but a well funded group who hate Americans for misguided
religious reasons:

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/14/national/14FLOR.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/14/international/14BINL.html

Then again I may just be a pawn of the American media, who knows?

Just to clarify, I am not happy about the prospects of war, the whole thing
has me very depressed, but I don't see your solution as a workable one and
no amount of arguing will convince me otherwise when all the facts prove
that using our legal system to prosecute terrorists has done nothing to slow
terrorism.

I don't claim to know the answers to this situation. I have spent a lot of
time talking to my friends and relatives in NYC who are totally freaked out
by what has happened and what may happen if we retaliate or what may happen
if we do not retaliate.

Robert