internetworkers - Re: collapse

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rachel Cox <rachel AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: collapse
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:46:38 -0400

At 08:55 AM 9/14/2001 -0400, Robert Weeks wrote:
>I'm not going to debate this last email point by point, but I do think you
>may be misguided in your reasoning. I think that two articles in today's NY
>Times will show that the enemy is not poor and downtrodden as you would like
>to believe but a well funded group who hate Americans for misguided
>religious reasons:

But if I understand Thomas' email, that's really the least of
his points. I think his concerns have less to do with whether
the terrorists themselves are actually poor, and more to do
with the conditions in the countries some people are interested
in going to war against. Because the thing is, there's no
Terroristland where all the terrorists live under a Terrorist
Party government duly elected by all the terrorists living in
Terroristland. How do we "go to war" against something so
decentralized without becoming worse than the terrorists we're
trying to fight? Imagine if China, for instance, found out that
terrorists who'd blown up buildings in China were hiding out
in Dallas, so they sent their military over and bombed Dallas
to take out the terrorists hiding there. How do you think our
people would react? Do you think China would be right to attack
America and kill thousands of innocents because there were anti-
China terrorists hiding here? even if our government had refused
to send them back to China? Is that how this is supposed to work?

Regards -
Rachel
Rachel Cox | Web Developer | 919.834.2552 x16 | hesketh.com/inc
Image is only the beginning. http://www.hesketh.com/
hesketh.com is hiring: http://hesketh.com/careers/