internetworkers - Re: The list isn't blowing up yet?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Joe Reid <jreid AT vnet.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: The list isn't blowing up yet?
  • Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 12:17:40 -0500

> My agreement was in that you should be able to sell what you want, and
> subjected to exclusionary licensing. Vendors should be able to sell
> Linux, Macs, OS2, whatever.

Chris, have you ever noticed that none of the major computer
manufacturers (Dell, Compaq, Gateway, etc) sell dual boot
machines...ever wonder why? Maybe it's because Microsoft forbids OEMs
from selling machines that dual boot any MS OS with any other non-MS
OS. Vendors aren't allowed to sell whatever the customer wants, they
only sell what MS wants them to have.

--
Joe Reid
jreid AT vnet.net