internetworkers - Re: DSL/T1 providers in Raleigh?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: kirk schmidt <kschmidt AT netphoenix.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: DSL/T1 providers in Raleigh?
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:42:55 -0400

Reselling Bandwidth is one of the services that we
provide at NetPhoenix. We recently partnered with
Adelphia who is a major east coast provider (and throughout
the United States) and has been working on providing
the Carolinas with thorough coverage. Adelphia is
one of the big boys, though not quite Bellsouth, but we
haven't been working with them long enough to give you
the full scoop. We're taking the attitude that it is well
worth the investment and effort to skip the little guys
and the question marks and go with a major
provider. We've switched bandwidth too
many times ourselves. Ultimately, you may
wish to work directly with Bellsouth since
all other local providers have to go through
their lines and switches and bureacracy anyway.

FWIW, we can say that Verio/Utenzi/Interlan
has been very questionable lately during their
buyout/bankruptcy mayhem but they were
still a heck of a lot better than Comstar was.

I don't do any of our pricing but I believe you
can get a full T1 for $1100-ish per month, or
a fractional T1 line for about $500-ish per month.
Don't quote me though -- I don't work on the techy
side of the tracks.

kirk