internetworkers - Re: aeron's for cheap?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "L B" <leonardbernst55 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: aeron's for cheap?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:36:59 -0400

Here here. I used to roll my eyes at discussions about good chairs and good shoes. I don't anymore. I'm 32 and I've already had back surgery for a ruptured a disk and a pinched nerve. My desk chair (at the time) contributed to my back weakness/aggravation tremendously--to the point where every time I stood up at work I'd get a shock of pain in my lower back that took my breath away. Lo and behold, that's the very area that experienced the joy that is a ruptured disk.

A year later, it still bothers me sometimes. Good chairs and good shoes should be taken very seriously.

Companies who don't pay attention to ergonomics are doing their employees and, therefore, themselves a great disservice.

sister beth