internetworkers - Re: aeron's for cheap?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Joe Komenda" <joe AT komejo.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: aeron's for cheap?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:14:23 -0700

I humbly submit this tale of back and neck strain for your consideration.

When working on a website that was requiring several hundred pages to be
groomed methodically, I sat in a most comfortable and ergonomic chair for
about 6 hours without moving. Result: my upper back and neck locked up. Ow,
ow, ow.

I've also noticed that when I'm really tired, I'll sleep without tossing and
turning much, and the same thing happens. The culprit is the lack of
movement. Sitting for extended periods without moving is never good for your
back, so the best thing to do is get a chair that makes you move
occasionally. I've found that armrests also seem to encourage a lack of
motion.

I've used one of the little 'kneeling chairs' for the last 2 years, and
swear by it: http://www.globaltotaloffice.com/usa2001/specilaized_7.htm

I think when it's time to replace it (soon) I may try one of the little
rolling 'file buddy' chairs:
http://www.globaltotaloffice.com/usa2001/specilaized_1.htm

Here's the best part - the kneeling chair goes for about $60, and the Stool
for about twice that.

Joe K