internetworkers - Re: aeron's for cheap?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael S Czeiszperger <czei AT webperformanceinc.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: aeron's for cheap?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:41:30 -0400

On Friday 27 April 2001 01:14 pm, you wrote:
> I've also noticed that when I'm really tired, I'll sleep without tossing
> and turning much, and the same thing happens. The culprit is the lack of
> movement. Sitting for extended periods without moving is never good for
> your back, so the best thing to do is get a chair that makes you move
> occasionally. I've found that armrests also seem to encourage a lack of
> motion.

I wouldn't say lack of motion is the only culprit here. While you shouldn't
"sit for extended periods without moving", in my opinion the culprit is
sitting in bad positions. I've seen so many programmers hunch over their
keyboards, or hold their heads at wierd angles, and it eventually causes
problems. After spending years trying to develop the "correct" position for
riding horses, that it seems natural that there would be a more or less
correct way to sit in a chair as well.