internetworkers - Re: Justifying a Web Presence

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Edward Wesolowski <ids AT idisplay.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Justifying a Web Presence
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 14:41:12 -0500

David: I don't know if I'd have used the same language, or would have had the nerve to write exactly what you write here, but I agree, big time....
In defense of the public school system, I've got to imagine they're pretty beat up, financially, and looking for any cash streams they can find. Lord knows there's plenty of precedent for booster books and advertising. And who hasn't sold cards, cookies and wrapping paper door to door? But I've got to agree that, well, there are certainly concerns about this business model for raising money. I guess I'm still waiting for the pentagon to do bake sales and schools to have their level of funding.