internetworkers - Re: Justifying a Web Presence

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney <alchemist AT pobox.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Justifying a Web Presence
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 16:45:03 -0500 (EST)

At 4:33pm Today, "Paul Cory" typed :
> Disclaimer: The site's not perfect. My only defense is that for the most
> part, I'm a one man show (yes, that means everything short of DNS and
> managing the network). :-)

This is not uncommon. And I'm betting you're underpaid as well. The
Primary Sysadmin for Chatham County Schools recently quit and got a better
paying job because he was tired of the near welfare conditions the Chatham
School Board keeps it's tech employees in (somewhere I have Steven Kolin's
write-up of the state of school tech workers in Chatham and NC).

-- Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney --
-- http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist --
"I am Bad. I am Evil. I am...MOJO JOJO!"