internetworkers - RE: carrboro in the n&o

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Shea Tisdale <shea AT networkarts.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: carrboro in the n&o
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 12:46:11 -0500

Hey there now! I can stands this no longer.

You can slam CARY all you want. Everyone, even the people who live there,
knows it deserves it. But Durham is real city with real communities and
true culture. We've got our problems, such as crime, Duke University, a
non-existent downtown, Duke fans, etc. But that's because Durham is a real
community.

Your and my beloved Carrboro is quickly becoming Chapel Hill, Jr. and we've
all seen where Chapel Hill is going. Homogenized, pasteurized, trendy
little chain stores and boutiques.

So slam away, but keep in mind Durham is the home of cosmic cantina and even
though Chapel Hill now has one, ours is far better.

Shea Tisdale