internetworkers - RE: carrboro in the n&o

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "j. alfred prufrock" <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: carrboro in the n&o
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 17:21:53 -0500

kirk FZ wrote:
> ...sounds like a proud Durham/Duke person...

i live in durham. i went to ncsu.

pride, i think, might could be a subtext i might could be speaking
-against-. not sure. hard to tell. carrboro appears set up as the straw
man in a false binary opposition.

i'm "proud" enough of durham to live in it for as long as i can afford
to. which won't be long. i may be looking for a -cheaper- mill house
soon enough.

> publicity seems to be the good for anyone seeking business....
> it's all going to be one big sprawling city soon anyway, so why don't
> we work on keeping it ALL as great as we possibly can, and preserve
> as much as we can of each suburb's history and character.

i think publicity is good for anyone seeking one big sprawling city.

chris calloway