internetworkers - RE: carrboro in the n&o

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "j. alfred prufrock" <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: carrboro in the n&o
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 16:49:41 -0500

Ruby Sinreich wrote:
> I can't figure out who/what you're talking about.

we're talking about the recurrence of the carrboro = hiptech equation
repeatedly in the n&o, ruby.

> Care to offer any details or names?

if you want names, ask paul. he refers to the carrboro story being a
group effort. my points were a) no, heather isn't the only one to notice
and b) i heard about the latest story from various sources before it was
printed. but no, i don't care to offer any details or names, or i would
have already. i'm not a primary source in the matter and i don't wish to
play triangle media reporter.

i don't refer to ethan as an instigator of the publicity drive. i did
refer to hearing prior to the story being printed that the publicity
specifically for this latest article was solicited. i suppose, pardon
me, please, that is a detail i did care to mention. i refered to lingual
first because paul stated there's either not much of "it" going on
elsewhere or else the other its must be quiet about it. lingual was one
of the its mentioned first in the article.

i say, yes, the other its are relatively quiet about themselves. i say
there's plenty of "it" all over the triangle. i say that all the its
contribute to one rather large triangle artists colony. i warn that to
focus the spotlight on one neighborhood in particular might could be its
undoing.

i hope this clears up whatever confusion i may have caused.

chris calloway