homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shaking the grid

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT gmail.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shaking the grid
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 01:58:35 -0500

Don Bowen wrote:
> There is no god add there is no free lunch.

And some people apparently can't accept their own beliefs, they just need to keep repeating themselves, like saying a mantra for affirmation in order to convince yourself. (I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and DogGoneIt, People Like Me!)
Everyone here knows how you believe, Don. We all accept that, and more importantly, people respect your right to believe however you wish. This is the second such comment in as many weeks, notably after someone new surfaced. It seems like baiting to me, but perhaps it is just a reaffirmation of your own beliefs?
I said I would like to see the group revived, not divided.

Anyway, on the post itself, all good points.
I want to interject an idea-it may not be worth a damn, but maybe it will give someone an idea on how to make this idea work.
You were talking RPM's and gear ratios...I kept thinking about a cream separator. We borrowed one that was hand crank, and the gearing was such that that mother would hum after only a few revolutions. She may not have to pedal at 50mph if something like that could work.
Oh well, I see that others have also mentioned gearing up...
Nevermind.

Bev

As was pointed out you can

--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing
is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius

~ Calvin Coolidge