homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shaking the grid

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shaking the grid
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 19:33:51 -0600

On Feb 23, 2010, at 5:23 PM, Marie McHarry wrote:

> Were
> I Dictator in Chief, I'd put a $1 tax on gasoline and raise it every
> year till it got up to, say $10, and dedicate the proceeds to
> improving the conventional and alternate energy that's available.
>
> It would take a dictator, though, to bring that off. Half the
> CongressCritters would want to give new tax breaks, half would want to
> fight a new war, and half would find some new program to fund. Yeah, I
> know that there aren't three halves in a whole, but this is my
> fantasy, dammit.

We have found the enemy and it lives in the DC Whorehouse, a place where the
denizens care only about their personal power and continued enrichment.

David Brooks has the political pandemic nailed in today's column:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/23/opinion/23brooks.html

Always vote against the incumbent.

Gene GeRue
www.Ruralize.com