homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shaking the grid

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shaking the grid
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 07:21:51 -0800

Thermodynamics:

You must play the game.
You can't win.
You can't break even,
You can't get out of the game.

The tree laws of thermodynamics
1. Conservation of energy. The amount of energy in a system remains constant over time.
"You can't win."
2. Entropy. Heat always flows from the warmer to colder state unless outside energy enters the system.
"You can't break even."
3. It is impossible to reach absolute zero.
"You can't get out of the game."

I once had someone who I thought was a reasonably intelligent person tell me that god would not let us run out of oil. We are running out. Combine the above laws with periodic compounding and you can see that it is inevitable that what we are doing now cannot continue.

--
Don Bowen KI6DIU