homestead - [Homestead] Thunderbird problem

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT gmail.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Thunderbird problem
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 01:53:46 -0500

Ok amigos...after all that bragging about Thunderbird, I am now having a problem. Ever since I have been using it, I have never had it ask me for my mail password. I set it up originally for it to remember the password and when I open T-bird it automatically downloads my mail and when I hit send, it automatically sends it, just the way I think it ought to work. For some reason, since I now can send out via gmail, as with this post, the password for my bellsouth account has been lost or something. I seem to be able to receive mail fine. It downloads fine when I open the app or hit get mail. However, after I compose a message and hit send, it connects to the server, then prompts for my password. I enter it, check the box for TBird to remember it, and hit enter...two seconds later, it prompts for the password again. It will do this sometimes 5 or 6 times, then it will finally send, or sometimes it will take 10+ times, and right now, it is just not transmitting the password or remembering it at all. The Gmail portion is operating wonderfully under Thunderbird, but I need to log back on to the website and see if it is storing mail like the problem Glo has. I don't like webmail because of security....not that I have that much to hide, but it is the principle of the matter. Can anyone help with this password thing?

--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing
is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius

~ Calvin Coolidge