homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cold Pack Deer

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cold Pack Deer
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 19:44:38 -0500

> I hate to ask, this feels like one of those dumb questions, but what do
> you mean by "cold packing"?

As opposed to hot packing, you pack the jars with raw meat. Just like cold
packing tomatoes vs. hot pack.

Have you had canned meat? It's a great fast food. Grab a jar, heat it up
while you boil some potatoes and voila! ....supper.

I've got the last canner load of pints that will be done in 15 mins.

Rob - Va