homestead - Re: [Homestead] pears

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] pears
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 19:42:02 -0500

> Why don't you get on a regional gardening list, or put a 'wanted' add on
> freecycle to see if you can find someone with a tree that needs a little
> pruning.

That's a good idea. I've been putting the word out, too. Grafting is a great
way to get a start of an old tree. My grandmother has an old yellow
transparent apple and another one that her father planted. She's 88 and her
father was in his 40s when she was born. Old trees. They are on there last
leg, but I'm going to graft them to standard rootstock, just to keep the
trees going.

Rob - Va