homestead - Re: [Homestead] Global Warming?

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Global Warming?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 20:47:25 -0700 (PDT)

Reading the most recent version now.

Gotta love some of these excerpts, with their paragraph long sentences....

Page 7 of 181, #3
"....demonstrates clearly that negative impacts of climate change are already
evident and widespread, ............. and are increasingly posing a risk to
.............. [and to[reduce] poverty] [eradication] [promote poverty
aliviation,]'................."

Ok, the way I read that is now climate change is responsible for a portion of
world poverty........ and the solultion is going to be TAXING (a/k/a
mitigation) the developed nations in order to aleviate world poverty in
developing nations.  i.e. theft.

Page 8, #9
"...Failure to implement ambitious and immediate MITIGATION actions by
developed countries will increase the need for adaptation in developing
countries and therefore for financial support."

Page 8, #10
"The active participation of all stakeholders in this transition should be
sought [, be they governmental, including subnational and local government,
private business or civil society, including the youth and addressing the
need for gender equity].]"

Gender equity????? What does gender equity have to do with the adverse
affects of global warming????   Oh, make sure they tax male and female gas
farts equitably.... LOL !

".......all the Parties are in need of a paradigm shift towards low carbon
development. However, THERE IS STILL NO MODEL FOR LOW CARBON PARADIGN
SHIFT......."

This reads to me like, we know we need to change, but we don't have something
to change to.......

Page 9, #18
"....

If you've ever been a victim of "bold mitigation" you know exactly what this
means.  So US Citizens, prepare you have your wallets raped.

Page 11, #20
"In order to fulfill this shared vision, PARTIES HAVE AGREED TO ESTABLISH a
coherent, cohesive and

Page 11, 21

".........ensuring that global crises, such as the financial crisis, should
not constitute an obstacle to the provision of financial and technical

I.E. tough luck US, doesn't matter if your economy is collapsing, you still
gotta pay up to the developing nations...........

This stuff - developed nations to pay developing nations and compliance ----
is repeated over and over.  So far, in my opinion, Monckton is accurate in
his statement, "Most of the third world countries will sign it because they
think they are going to get money out of it", and in his claims that there
are compliance clauses.

page 11, 1-22(a) (alternative)

"..address all the implementation gaps to enable full, effective and
sustained implementation of the Convention, now, up to and beyond 2012, on
MITIGATION and adaptation commitments, AND IN PARTICULAR THOSE RELATED TO THE
PROVISION OF FINANICAL RESOURCES...."