homestead - Re: [Homestead] Global Warming?

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Global Warming?
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 09:03:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hey, if you come across anything about that Norweign village that was located
under glacier ice, let me know....

As I was skimming thru that UN proposal on Climate Change Treaty, I kept
seeing references to 3rd world countries, especially those that have low
lying coastal areas and islands, receiving monetary aid from the developed
countries.  This implied to me that they think they are going to lose coastal
areas and be buried under water.

Of course, the first thing that popped to mind was.... an ice cube tray.  I
don't know about everyone else's ice cube trays, but when I fill mine right
smack to the top, when it turns to ice the ice is higher than the water
was........ leading me to conclude that water expands when frozen, and
contracts when melting.  Is this somehow different in the ocean?  If not,
then it is yet another scam being perpetrated on US taxpayers..........

In a message dated 10/22/2009 12:32:23 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mmcharry AT gmail.com writes:

On Sun,  Oct 18, 2009 at 7:18 PM,  <DSanner106 AT aol.com> wrote:
>  exactly. this is the same sort of weather changes during the normal 30
year
>  climate swings we have recorded going back eons. I just  don't see the
> whole  human caused global warming in  this.

Uh, what about the loss of Arctic ice? When was the last time  that the
Northwest Passage was navigable?
The fact that the melting ice has released several trapped ships from the
late 1800- early 1900' s tells me it was not very long ago at all. We also
know  sea levels are more than 2 feet lower than measurements taken in 1841
on the  Isle of wight, that markings from 1841 are still in place and
obvious.

And then there's all that ice dropping into the sea in  Antarctica.

uhh, it's not. Sorry, but the temps are growing colder, both air and water
in Antarctica, the overall ice shelf is growing with the exception of one
tiny  berg on the northern tip. (wilkens) All this ice sheet shrink data was
ruled  false by the British scientific community. It was one of nine points
outlined as  patently false in Gore's movie and lead to a required label as
such before  showing the film in Great Britain. It could not be shown as a
documentary, but  as fiction, with the 9 points specifically listed in a
warning before the  showing.

_http://www.ecoworld.com/climate/the-real-facts-on-increasing-antarctic-ice.
html_
(http://www.ecoworld.com/climate/the-real-facts-on-increasing-antarctic-ice.html)

That's not part of any normal 30 year cycle. Neither is the  increased
concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere.
Actually, the CO2 levels have been much higher many times, and caused by
nature, not man, but more importantly, Scientific American climate expert
David  Fogarty has written that new studies are showing that CO2 is not
nearly
the big  culprit for global warming it has been set up as. the CO2 levels
varied widely  long before man was on the planet, and are not necessarily the
cause, but maybe  a byproduct of the conditions causing global warming. He
cited solar cycles and  many other things that are now being considered.

Drew

Marie
Change  your homestead list member  options:
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/dsanner106%40aol.com
View  the archives  at:

http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/cayadopi%40yahoo.com
View the archives at: