homestead - [Homestead] Spiders in the garden

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Spiders in the garden
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 09:47:23 -0500

On Oct 19, 2009, at 9:37 AM, Chris Clarke wrote:

On homesteading note, why do black widow like MY garden? Not the wood pile
where I'd expect them, but RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY TOMATOES AND BASIL?
Second big nest of the year for them.... Dozens of little killers... :)
Had to take care of them. Wife thinks I'm crazy.

I hate black widows...

Chris, look into a mirror and repeat this mantra: I love spiders, I love all spiders, spiders are my friends, spiders are the enemy of my enemies the insects, spiders eat insects that I really, really want someone else to deal with . . . .