homestead - Re: [Homestead] Global Warming?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: gil.white AT xplornet.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Global Warming?
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:37:52 -0400

Yeah, glaciers = fresh water. Water that many communities and countries depend on for drinking water. There would be a domino effect...no water in one area means that we will need to drill for it or pipe it in, or dam up a river or something.
What we really need is desalination plants.

Gil White wrote:

I think the issue was always about the glaciers melting. This is
water that's not already part of the ocean and would eventually end
up causing some increase in sea levels. Enough to flood New York City
- I don't think so. Though I wouldn't be buying land in Louisiana or
the Netherlands anytime soon.

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is
protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed