homestead - Re: [Homestead] Drug screens and the way things should be

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Drug screens and the way things should be
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:36:33 -0400

First, a breathalyzer wouldn't detect anything but alcohol.
I agree that 'they' do this because we let them. It is the same as getting videotaped or logged everywhere we go. I agree it is an invasion of privacy. In my particular case, there is no reason that my boss should know or care that I use a lidocaine patch on my old shoulder injury and inflamed metacarpals, but...she soon will know that. I have to list ALL my meds. They don't really need to see ALL my meds, but now it is on record. It IS an invasion of privacy, but I have a choice to make-either I take the test and get the job, or refuse the test, lose my homestead and get a divorce. That's a helluva choice. I'm sure I am not alone.