homestead - Re: [Homestead] Space heating

  • From: "Gil" <gil.white AT xplornet.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Space heating
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:53:28 -0400

That's been my experience as well. The oil filled unit takes awhile to warm
up but it's given us back our living room which was very drafty and probably
only good for hanging meat before.

We also have one of the older style fan forced electric heaters but I can't
tell you the last time we used it. The fan was very noisy and I was always
afraid of something flammable coming into contact with the heating coil. It
had a grill in front but the unit got quite hot and the gaps between the
grill were fairly wide.

Gil