homestead - Re: [Homestead] solar

  • From: Rob Smith <rob.smith.work AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] solar
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:33:31 -0700

"
? for Rob ......do you think diy panels are feasible, based on your research
?
"

They certainly seem cheaper, but once you include the costs of the enclosure
that may change. Certainly being able to repair and replace sections of the
panel rather than the whole thing is great in terms of maintenance costs.
Although, I've really only started looking into this and don't have any type
of system up yet, so insert grain of salt here.

Rob