homestead - Re: [Homestead] solar

  • From: Rob Smith <rob.smith.work AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] solar
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:32:05 -0700

I was looking into this recently, though I was thinking more about chaining
together a bunch of pre-buitl panels with a battery bank and power inverter,
I didn't even realize you could build your own. Seeing the site say that you
could build a panel for less than 100 bucks made me break out my google
skills and search for the secret. Of course as soon as I searched for "diy
solar panels" my eyes were opened. Now I'm going to have to brush up on my
soldering skill as well.

Thanks for the thought provoking link. Now back to lurking.

Rob