homestead - Re: [Homestead] Talk about disrespect!

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Talk about disrespect!
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 16:36:49 -0400

I don't have knowledge of the things you cite; hurricane shutters and native plants...not regulated here, and auto insurance is dirt cheap here, so I'd have it anyway (when I lived in the city I was hit twice by people without insurance, and was out the money...not worth taking people with nothing to court, so I approve of requiring minimum insurance).

What ticks me off is seeing the government openly favoring one company over others in the labeling laws. No one has to put on the label that they use rGBH in their milk, for example, and others are NOT ALLOWED to say they don't use it. No one is required to put on the label that they use GMOs in their products, so how can people choose to avoid them? I've been writing letters for truth in labeling for many many years, for all the good it's done. Monsanto has had government in their pocket for many administrations, both Repubs and Dems. "Two heads of the same corporate monster", as Nader says.

Lynn Wigglesworth
----- Original Message ----- From: "Leslie" <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>