homestead - Re: [Homestead] Talk about disrespect!

  • From: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Talk about disrespect!
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 14:36:56 -0500

The text of the message will be released Monday, so you can read it
before it's broadcast.

It would seem that urging hard work and taking charge of one's life
would be a good message to send to kids, but I don't think Obama could
say anything that would be acceptable to at least 25 percent of the
population.

I think Obama is better than McCain might have been, but the
improvement seems more and more marginal. I suspect that Americans
will have to take to the streets to protest corporate control of our
lives before things improve.

Even here I read posts railing against "government regulation" of the
sale of milk, eggs, and farm produce. Yeah, the government enforces
the regulations, but it's Big Bidness that wants to eliminate the
competition.

Let's be clear who the enemy is.

Marie