homestead - Re: [Homestead] Democrats, past, present and future-was Video

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Democrats, past, present and future-was Video
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 13:42:02 -0400

From: "EarthNSky" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>

Just to clarify, don't you think that turning the government over to
Wall Street is to the same end as the rich getting richer through
friends in high places who relaxed rules to their own advantage? To me,
both parties are guilty of this.

Yep. Doesn't seem to matter who's president. That was the point of the video Leslie posted the other day...international money concerns are running everything, including both parties. I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but I suspect there is a lot of truth in that one, but I'd also include 'big ag', 'big pharmacuticals', 'Monsanto', etc. in the ruling class.

I have a 30 year class reunion coming up. If you don't mind, I'd like
to steal your definition of success...

Ack! I hate reunions. I just had a reunion with my cousin, whom I haven't seen in 45 years. I've often heard from her, mostly when her husband became aide to the govenor or she got her law degree or they bought a big new house or some such. Anyway, she looked about 10 years older than she is and has all sorts of stress-related illnesses. She talked about her hectic life, I talked about vegetables and cows :-) She grudgingly admitted that my lifestyle must agree with me because I "look so good" (I think it's more that she looks so bad; she's only 4 or 5 years older than me).

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA